Wednesday 1 February 2012

Today I'm going to talk about Skye as I've realised I haven't said much about her so far. Her posh name is Bordertrix Non But The Brave and she's blue and white.
She always surprises me in whatever she does; be it agility, showing or being a mum.
In agility she never seems to be moving very fast but she flows around courses and is consistant so I guess she's going faster than it appears. She should be a higher grade in agility by now but Hayley entered the Junior Classes with her so she didn't get points or places towards progression for a while.
In showing she could probably have been a show champion by now if we'd campaigned her properly, she has had champ show firsts, best puppy and helped Hayley win countless junior handling classes and Open Show classes.
As for being a mum, how shocked was I when she produced 7 puppies in January 2010? Seven puppies in that little body, all delivered without any fuss and cleaned until they shone. She really enjoyed being a Mum to those Magnificent 7 (including Buddy).
She then went on to deliver another six babies 17 months later, to the day! Where was she hiding that lot? We only expected about 3 or 4 according to her scan!

Who'd have thought it eh?

She truly is the most special dog to me, I know I say that about all my dogs but Skye is the self appointed comforter in our family. Especially now she is without Sunnie for the first time in her life, that's a big responsbility. She gives the best cuddles ever and we love her all the way to the moon and back a zillion, trillion times :-))


I have just found out that Skye's sister, Poppy, is really ill, with bloody sickness and diarrhoea. She's been to the Vets and been given some pills so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she will be ok.






No comments:

Post a Comment